Saturday we put the puppy in her exercise pen for the first time. She was in my bedroom with pads on the floor, her box, blanket, toys and food. Once she was all Jaime, the kids, Tony and myself headed out to Dallas. Our destination, The African-American museum at Fair Park. We saw a lot and had a fantastic time. I’ve got a few pictures to show off. We came home to a very excited Shih Tzu puppy that missed us like there was no tomorrow. When I saw my mom today she asked how was the museum and told me she really wants to go to the “black” museum. First, I laughed then I told her she shouldn’t always tells us no when we invite her out because that’s exactly where we went.
This morning it was a little gray but no rain so we decided to bathe the puppy because, well, she smelled like a dog. After drying off and finally getting over her attitude Lexy and Vonni took Beauty outside to handle her business. Just my luck, some little puppy comes back inside all muddy and dirty, it had finally decided to rain. Maybe that raincoat that Lexy and my brother, Tyrone were trying on her were a good idea. Guess who has to get a coat next time we go to PetSmart. Her T-shirt was also too small so it has to be exchanged.
Last but not least, I get to go shopping because my mother decided to bribe me with a new outfit this weekend for going to the corner store for her. I’ve gotten all my site mirrored and have changed over the DNS records. I’ve almost forgotten that I finally got Cloudfront to work on my demo site without messing up my theme so it’s only a matter of time until my blogs are noticeably faster.
Now it’s time to lay down and read while watching Serenity. I’m a firm believer in multitasking.service
I had a very full week and things are finally starting to slow down.
1. I spent last week trying to get a temporary domain to mirror my test domain so that I could transfer from the host that I shared with Jaime to my own host. I do not want a repeat of the account suspension like we had. I could probably have been more accepting if it had only affected his domain. I’ve finally mirrored two of my domains and am working on the final two. I’ve also started the transfer of the two that are mirrored. I will be doing this domain next I just needed to make sure I could do it first.
2. My dad, stepmother, two adopted brothers, and their three dogs came out for the weekend and brought Alexys her new puppy. The puppy is beautiful but I feel like I just had a new baby with all the sleep deprivation, potty training, and whining. I’ve been going to bed between midnight and 1 am because she has to go out one last time. After that she’s ready to get in my bed and go to sleep. She sleeps every night between myself and the man who said, “I ain’t sleeping next to the dog!” I guess he lied. The next morning we’re, Beauty and I, are back up by 5 so she can go out before we drive my mom to work. I can’t leave the house without Beauty because she wants me all the time and yes I said she’s Lexy’s puppy. In fact right this minute she’s sitting in my lap while we’re waiting in the car for Lexy to get out of tutoring. In my lap is also her favored riding in car spot. Lexy of course being a typical 10 year reminds us all constantly that it’s her puppy but it’s pretty much just in name only.
3. I found out that one of my many brothers and my sister-in-law are expecting. I found out from my dad. if you knew my brothers you would completely understand why I also just found out that my niece had to be rushed to emergency yesterday on Facebook.
4. I’ve also been dealing with Mittelschmerz syndrome. I haven’t had any problems from it for a few years so I was genuinely shocked when the pain came back out of the blue. It seems that some women need physical reminders of when their ovulating and guess what , I’m one of those women. basically it’s sharp pains that radiate from your ovaries as you ovulate. If you have it though it feels like someone is stabbing you over and over in your ovaries. I have a high tolerance for pain and I actually require prescription painkillers for the pain. I can no longer have children by choice and would prefer to not have this painful syndrome.
5. The kids and I finally have insurance so I have to make appointments for all of us. I can finally get my health back in check. the kids weren’t due for their yearly checkups yet, so they’re okay.
I always buy my tickets for my trip in February or March because I don’t have a lot of extra money and use my tax returns. Now I never fail to do this and the same is true this year. I usually always travel American Airlines but Orbitz and Expedia don’t offer tickets for them anymore. When I picked my tickets I chose by price and layover times. There was a 31 minute layover each way and I was perfectly okay with that. Then I got an email from Orbitz that my itinerary had changed and it was now 31 minutes going and 41 coming back, I was still okay with that. And wait I got another email that it had changed again and guess what it’s still 31 minutes going but now 2 hours and 22 minutes coming back. I’m pissed, really pissed. If I wanted to spend 2 hours in a place where I don’t know anyone I would have chosen a flight where I could spend 2 hours alone in a terminal I haven’t seen since I was 11. I go online to see my cancellation options with Orbitz and read that I will have to cancel both my flight and car; I further read that I will have to forfeit my whole airline fare. WT…okay caught myself there. If it was just a cancellation fee I would have cancelled on the spot but I can’t afford to just lose 300 hundred dollars. I am stuck with this ticket but as i said I will never again travel United Airlines. At least if I was Traveling Southwest with their very long layovers I would get to take my luggage for free.
I woke up this morning and figured that I’d written two posts yesterday and I might just take today off. Then I saw some amazing stupidity and couldn’t keep it to myself.
As I’ve previously said I drive a big car which means I can’t go from 0 to 60 in 30 seconds without using a whole tank of gas. That might be a slight exaggeration but it’s very slight. Most of the freeway entrances are setup really dumb in my opinion and I can’t make a 15 mph loop to the entrance and get up to 60 to merge without being rear ended by the oncoming traffic. Because of that I drive my mom to work on the freeway and back home on the surface streets. The surface streets on the way home take me through downtown Irving which has two main streets and they are both one ways.
This morning right as I start on the one way street a see a car a little farther up from me start turning. I thought he was at one of the side streets that connect the one way streets. That was not where this person was at all. This person had decided it would be smarter to make a u-turn and just come the wrong way back down this one way street. The street had just widened into three lanes which put me in the center lane. So luckily the person used the lane to my left. I actually slowed down from 30 mph to 20 just to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. This driver went all the way back to where the two one way streets merged going the wrong way.
There are somethings some people do that will never stop amazing me.
I placed this in the Peeves category because stupid people are a pet peeve of mine.
They say home is where the heart is; well this is my home.service
Powered by Prontovacanze.net