I actually found this recipe in the WeightWatchers New Complete Cookbook and everyone in the house that enjoys tilapia and tacos loved it. I am trying to cook out of my healthy cookbooks and will post the recipes as I find the ones I really like, and keep in my mind that I’m a very picky eater.
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets (The recipe calls for fillets with skin, as you’ll see. I prefer to use skinless fillets.)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Grated zest and juice 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup lightly packed thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Spray 7 x 11 -inch baking dish with nonstick spray
- Stir together cumin, salt, and pepper in cup. Sprinkle on tilapia. Place fish skin side down, in baking dish; drizzle with oil. Cover baking dish with foil; bake until fish is just opaque in center, about 10 minutes.
- To make chili-lime mayonnaise, stir together mayonnaise, lime zest and juice, cilantro, and chili powder in bowl until mixed.
- Remove skin from fish and cut into strips, I prefer small bite size pieces. Top each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of fish, 1/4 cup of lettuce, one fourth of tomato, and generous 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. Fold in half.
Nutritional facts: (per serving, 2 tacos)
- 301 Cal
- 12 g Total fat
- 3 g Sat Fat
- 0 g Trans Fat
- 43 mg Chol
- 582 mg Sod
- 30 g Total Carb
- 2 g Total Sugar
- 4 g Fib
- 20 g Prot
- 114 mg Calc
Here are a few I haven’t tried yet:
Tilapia Soft Tacos with Chipotle Cream Recipe – Allrecipes.com
Tilapia with strawberry-citrus-avocado salsa « Superspark
Tilapia Quesadillas with Tomato Salsa and Chili Re – Blogspot